Your health & safety are our top priority
Precautionary measures regarding the Corona virus (COVID-19)
We are very happy to welcome you and to spoil you all around. In order to be able to guarantee a relaxed and safe holiday experience, we are taking every precautionary measure possible to make sure we comply with all the health and hygiene standards. On this webpage we will give you the latest news on the subject.
Our family owned hotel, situated in the beautiful mountainscape of the Val Venosta valley, already complies with the needed spatial requirements to ensure a safe stay. Thanks to the fact that we only have 44 rooms and our ample room layouts, we are able to offer every guest a lot of space. Our huge garden area completes our concept of freedom, air, light and easiness.
Our hotel is nestled at the edge of the picturesque market town of Malles and embedded in picturesque meadows. We can promise you a relaxing holiday and exciting hikes in the fresh air. A gentle holiday experience awaits you in the middle of the unspoilt nature of the Upper Vinschgau, far away from large crowds and the hectic pace of everyday life.
Since Thursday, July 29, guest from EU countries, the United States of America, Canada or Japan can enter Italy with the "Green Pass" (with a vaccination, proof of recovery or test certificate) without any problems. Vaccinated or recovered persons no longer have to show a negative test result upon entry.
Proof of vaccination, proof of recovery or proof of testing means:
- Proof of vaccination: proof of having received a corona vaccination. The proof counts from the 15th day after the vaccination cycle has been completed
- Proof of recovery: Proof of recovery from a Covid infection in the last six months
- Test proof: proof of a negative antigen or PCR test, which must not be older than 48 hours.
Children under 6 years don't have to present a negative antigen or PCR test.
Please note the following instruction for entry in Italy:
Register your entry to Italy at this link & carry a proof of registration with you
The Green Pass is required for check-in in order to fully use all areas of the hotel.
From Friday, 06 August 2021, public events, museums, trade fairs, cultural centers, as well as interiors of restaurants and alpine pastures may only be visited with the Green Pass.
The health of our guests and employees is still our top priority and therefore regular tests are carried out. For the further measures in detail simply read on.
In order to be able to offer you a safe and relaxing holiday, we have taken the following hygiene and safety measures (on top of the requirements specified by law):
- Our staff will keep the minimum distance.
- All of our employees are tested regularly.
- Everyone that works in our hotel wears a face mask.
- Hand sanitizing stations are spread throughout the hotel.
- Thorough cleaning of the often touched surfaces in the hotel, such as the handrails, door knobs, working surfaces, lifts, toilets etc is done in regular intervals.
- We air out every room of the hotel in regular intervals.
- We also ask our guests to keep the minimum distance of 1 m in the whole hotel and to wear a mouth-nose protection.
- The minimum distance of 1 m must also be observed at the reception desk.
- Card readers are disinfected after every use.
- On arrival, each guest receives a ‘Garberhof hygiene kit’ consisting of disinfectant gel, two masks and the most important information on rules of behavior and public transportation.
- The distance between the tables of the restaurant has been increased to guarantee a minimum distance of 1 m frontally and 1 m side by side.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory at the buffet and while walking to and from your table. We also kindly ask you to disinfect your hands before you enter the restaurant area.
- The restaurant is cleaned and disinfected in regular intervals with the technology of Swiss Desinfekt.
- The entire kitchen and every utensil in it is cleaned and disinfected in regular intervals.
- The distance between the tables of the lounge bar has been increased to a minimum of 1 m.
- The lounge bar is cleaned and disinfected in regular intervals.
- All used surfaces are disinfected during the daily clean up service. The room is also aired out.
- On request your room will be additionally disinfected with Swiss Disinfect Professional Air.
- We kindly ask our guests to wash and disinfect their hands before leaving their rooms.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in the Mii:amoo spa area and also in the waiting room.
- Our beauty and spa personnel is used to keeping very strict hygiene measures, Nothing stands in the way of a safe beauty treatment.
- Everyone working in the spa area wears a facemask and gloves.
- The cabins and utensils are disinfected after every treatment.
- Every guest’s temperature is taken prior to any treatment.
- The saunas are accessible. We kindly ask our guests to keep a minimum distance of 2 m.
- 6 people are allowed to be in sauna at the same time
Indoor and outdoor pool
- The indoor and outdoor pool will remain open, but is subject to keeping a minimum distance from one another. The addition of chlorine makes a waterborne virus infection impossible.
- The Hamam is open again and can be used on reservation and by keeping the minimum distance of 2 m.
- When entering the Hamam area guests are obliged to sign their name on the relevant list.
- Our group and activity programs will be held with the required distance.
- The distance between the workout machines in the fitness room has been increased to a minimum of 1 m.
- The workout machines are regularly disinfected.
- We kindly ask our guests to disinfect the equipment before and after use
- A maximum of 4 people can train in the fitness room at the same time
- We will spend even more time outside enjoying the fresh air! The activity and the bike program have been amplified.
- We kindly ask our guests to keep the mandatory 1 m distance from each other in our garden as well.
Public transportation and Venosta Valley Card
- In public transports, at stations and at bus stops you are obliged to wear mouth and nose protection and to keep a minimum distance of 1 m.
- For each means of transport, a maximum number of people has been defined who can be transported at the same time.
- Only the indicated places can be used.
- A reduced transport option also exists for taking bicycles on board of trains.
- Tickets are only issued from ticket machines and the appropriate points of sale.
- Public transports are cleaned and disinfected at least once a day.
- During the hikes the minimum distance must be maintained.
- If the starting point is not directly in the hotel, we kindly ask our guests to drive to the starting point by their own car.
- A face mask must be worn, especially if a break is planned. Furthermore its necessary to have a negative test result (not older than 72h), a complete vaccination certificate or a convalescence certificate.
Flexible cancellation conditions – Covid-19
Difficult and unusual times require equally extraordinary measures. For this reason, we have adapted our cancellation policies to the current situation, in order to guarantee you a vacation in total safety.
If the situation change (border closure ...) the cancellation conditions will be adjusted.
From July 2021:
- Up to 4 weeks before arrival, cancellations are free of charge.
- Between 4 and 2 weeks, 40% of the booked stay will be charged.
- For cancellations received with a notice of less than 14 days, payment of 80% of the total amount is due.
- In case of late arrival or early departure, the full amount must be paid.
Trip cancellation insurance
In order to provide you with security even before your arrival, we recommend the “European travel insurance” (including COVID-19 insurance cover).
You will receive your deposit in the form of a voucher for a future stay. Otherwise, the general cancellation conditions apply.
Feel free to contact us at any time if you would like to get more information on our health and hygiene measures before your trip, or if you would like to be informed on the current situation in South Tyrol and Italy. We will do our very best to answer all of your questions.
Your Pobitzer Family